Search This Blog

Saturday, October 6, 2012

My Soldier Has Gotten Letters From His Old Outfit and a Couple of His High School Teachers



Sept 26, 1944
England



My Darling Mark
         Hello Sweetheart! !
         I got your letter of Sept. 11 today. Also the birthday card! As you said – better late than never!
         Went to a show today & seen “Anthony Adverse”. I thought it was really good!
         These dogs of mine sure do get sore when I walk any distance. Probably from not being on them for so long.
         There isn’t much to do around here except read, eat & sleep. But I guess I shouldn’t complain. I got a letter from my outfit today. They’re in Holland now – for curiosity sake I’d like to be with them. But there isn’t much chance of getting back with them – so I don’t think I’d like to go back over. But that’s not for me to decide.
         I got a couple of letters from a couple of my H.S. teachers. A couple of old maids yet!

         Well, honey, what have you been doing lately? Staying out of trouble aren’t you?  I know you are. How is Lu coming along & the baby. I guess I’m going to be god-father by proxy, huh?
         Honey – I don’t want to ask for anything for you to send because I don’t know how long I’ll be here yet. After I get a more stable address – then it will be alright.
         You can wrap yourself up tho honey - & come on over. I sure wouldn’t stay in this hospital long!!
         Well, honey I guess I’d better close for now & write home & a few more letters before I turn in for tonite. I went to Mass Sunday – first time since July. Not my fault tho. Bye for now Sweetheart. I love you honey!!  Write soon.     All My Love        Johnny


No comments:

Post a Comment