Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2011

July 19, 1943

Desert Training Center, California
July 19, 1943
Mon. Eve.



Darling Mark,

         Hello Sweetheart!!!

Got your card today. It helped me out a little. Boy – was I disgusted today. Blue Monday I guess. This morning we were out for driving instruction. This afternoon we had maintenance. Most of the time I sat inside a Scout car reading Liberty. Time out honey a guy just brought me a cake.

         I’m going to have to finish this – but fast. We had to stand Retreat tonite & by the time that was over & ate chow & finished shaving & taking my “Lux” shower it is now getting quite dark. I guess by now you’re trying to figure the pictures out. One is of the desert as you can see, That mountain is about 15 miles from where I took the picture. Nice country?

         The other two are me – which you can’t so plainly see. I guess you can figure out which is the Scout car & which the tank. The tank is the M8 assault gun which I used to be in. Glad I’m out of it now. It gets pretty hot inside there out here.

         Well, honey I’d better close now. I’m going to the show tonite. I’ve probably already seen it – but!

         Goodnite Honey

         Write Soon                                  X X X X
XOX  All My Love        Johnny     XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment