Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July 20, 1943


Desert Training Center, California
July 20, 1943
Tues.    1:00 P.M.



Darling Mark,

         Hello Sweetheart!!!

I just got your letter of the 16th & the picture. I do like it honey – very much – must be the “wolf” in me. Honey – I promise not to get drunk or gamble. Don’t give me any more hell. I planned on sending it home for my furlough too. It’ll take a little more to come home from here than it did at Riley.

         Pins & Needles is a pretty nice song isn’t it honey. I hope I can remember the tune.

         We’re going on a three-day problem this week. I’ve got to think of a way to get out of it. I don’t mind them so much, but most of the time they’re just a waste of time – but come to think of it – what’s time out here.

         Honey, I did buy something from that Indian woman but I’ve misplaced it or somebody made me for it. I’ll try & find it tonite if I have time. I’m writing now, cause we’ll probably be in late tonite.  Mercy – we’re getting up at 4:30 now – how I hate it.

         I still don’t think you could beat bumps on my head, honey – unless I was sleeping.

         Bye now honey – maybe I can get this in today’s mail.

Answer Soon,

All My Love                 Johnny     XOX
X X X X X

No comments:

Post a Comment