Search This Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2011

August 20, 1943


Desert Training Center, California
Aug 20, 1943
Fri.   8:00 P.M.

Darling Mark,

Hello Sweetheart!!

I received your letter today – I guess it was about time you were writing.

I’ve been doing a lot of reading too of whatever I can find – only because there’s nothing else to do. It takes my mind off a lot of things too.

I guess that letter did sound screwy – but I was so mad – I didn’t know which end was up.

We just came in out of the field this morning. I should go to sleep now – but I’m going to the show instead.

Yes – honey I’m sure I wasn’t thinking of other “Babes” when I missed that command. You didn’t have to make a crack about it. I do miss you – honey! You never did send the words to that record.

My brother Ralph is in Sacramento Cal. now going to radio school for 14 weeks. He’s really got it made.

My oldest bro. Frank is in Illinois now completing his radio course.

Well honey I’d better close for tonite. By the way how is Lucy? If you ever see her, tell her I said hello.

Goodnite honey.                 X O X
Please answer soon!
All My Love                 Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment