Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2011

August 9, 1943


Desert Training Center, California
Aug 9, 1943

Darling Mark,

Hello Sweetheart!!

I thought I’d better write tonite while I have a chance. We’re supposed to go out tomorrow nite & stay out till Fri. I’m going to try & get off & go to L.A. for 3 days. Almost a week & no letter from you. You’re slipping honey.

I just came back from the dispensary – I had to have this heat-rash treated. It’s driving me nuts!

Sat – I was out all day on a navigation problem charting roads in our maneuver area.

Tonite our Bu. played ball against 2nd Arm’d Regt. & beat 2-1. They told everybody they had to go, so I didn’t go. They’re going to try & make us go to a show tonite too. By the sounds of things I guess we’ll have to go anyway.

Well honey – they’re hollering there heads off. I guess I’ll go down & come right back.  Bye now

Write Soon – honey.

All My Love                 Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment