Search This Blog

Thursday, January 5, 2012

December 13, 1943, 2:00 pm


Armored Force
Camp Polk, Louisiana
Dec. 13, 1943
Mon. 2:00 P.M.


(inside envelope flap)
Hello
Darling!
I Miss You !!
Write soon honey
All My Love XOX
          Yo te amo


Darling Mark –

Hello Sweetheart!!

I got your sweet letter today & the pictures. Honey that is some double chin. Putting on more weight?

Honey – I got the pen today. Darling it’s a honey! I won’t have any excuses for not writing now huh? You couldn’t have gotten me anything else honey – that I could have used as much as this. I didn’t know you could still buy them. I wish I was there to give you a thousand kisses for it. Double benefit!

We didn’t do much today. My legs are still so sore I can hardly walk.

I’m on K.P. tomorrow – they finally caught up with me! Its about the best go around here now tho.

We have another inspection tomorrow of equipment, clothing & vehicles.

I told you I got two letters from Cec didn’t I! It sure was good hearing from him.

I’ve got so much mail the last two days I wonder when I’ll catch up. I’m getting letters that were sent to my old outfit – mailed last Nov.

Well honey I’d better close for tonight & get some of this stuff ready for tomorrow. I miss you more every day honey.

Goodnite now. Write soon.

X O X                 All My Love                 Johnny              X O X
X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X yo te amo

No comments:

Post a Comment