Search This Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2010

April 12, 1943

Fort Riley, Kansas

April 12, 1943

10:00 P.M.

Darling Mark!!

I got to thinking about you so much I had to write. It’s about time for lights out now.


I nearly missed my train last night – it was pulling out when got to it. I got in camp about 4:00 this morning. We didn’t get up till 7:00 tho, so I got 3 hrs. sleep.


This morning we had an hour of exercises & did push-ups. I made 24, then they picked me up. After that we ran 4 miles in 29 min. Mercy I thought I’d never make it.


We got this afternoon off – to pack everything we have.


Sweetheart if you can come up here next week-end – please do – I’d like to see you once more. The way things look, I don’t think I’ll be around much longer.


Mark, I didn’t think I could miss anyone so much as I do you. Last week-end was the best I’ve ever had in town.


I’d better close now honey, & get some sleep. Hope I dream of you tonight. Bye for now. Write soon & often as possible honey. Your letters are about all I look forward to. Think you can find time – huh?

Bye again.

All my Love

Johnny

Xxxxoxxooxxxooooxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment