Search This Blog

Friday, July 9, 2010

January 15, 1943

New York, NY
Jan 15, 1943
Sat. 9:30 P.M.

My Darling Mark,

Hello Sweetheart!

got 2 letters from you today – of the 7 and 8. I got the picture too honey.

Honey I don’t know what to write about anymore since our mail is being censored.

I’m going to try & go to confession & communion in the morning if I get a chance.

I miss you more every day honey & think of you always. I guess I’ll have to finish this tomorrow it’s time for lights out now & I didn’t get much sleep last nite.



Sunday 10:00 A.M.

I just came back from Mass honey so I’ll add a few more lines to this letter.

It snowed here last nite but not very heavy.

That’s going to be pretty rough hours at nite aren’t they honey. Is that just for 2 weeks?

I wish I could have seen you before I left too – but you understand now don’t you!

I have to write a letter home now. I haven’t written all week & they’re probably worrying.

Bye for now Darling! I miss you & love you more as the days pass honey. Answer soon.

All My Love
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment