Search This Blog

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Someday They'll Be Together Again - Forever!


Camp Polk, Louisiana

December 26, 1943
Sunday Eve. 7:30


(inside envelope flap)
Hello
Darling!!
I love you!!  x o x
I miss you
Write Soon! XXXXXXX


My Darling Mark –

Hello Sweetheart ! !

I got your very sweet letter this evening – honey & it sure makes me happy. I don’t know why you didn’t get a letter – I haven’t missed writing a day for 2 weeks anyway.

Honey I’ll try & get some pictures taken, but they’ll probably be the same type you got a few days ago. That’s about all they got in these jerk towns around here. Every chance I get – I’ll have a picture taken & send it to you honey!

I haven’t got the wedding pictures yet. I would like to see it. I’d have to send it back tho – I can’t take a very big picture with me.

I wish I was with you too honey. That’s a constant wish. If wishing could make it so – I’d have been with you long ago.

Someday we’ll be together again honey – forever then – huh? I think about being with you so much honey! I hope that day comes soon.

We didn’t do anything today – but had to be around just in case we had. We had reveille at 8:30. Went to Mass at 11:00. The rest of the day I layed around – wondering about you & wishing I was in your arms & kissing you every minute. Honey – I can just feel your kisses right now. I’d give a million (if I had a million) to be kissing you now.

It makes me sick to think that I can’t be with you. Honey – don’t ever think I don’t miss you & love you! I love you so much it actually hurts!

I’m going to dream about you tonite if I have to stay awake & keep you on my mind. Honey – I think about you the first thing in the morning & the last thought before I fall asleep.

It’s finally stopped raining – but its getting pretty cold out. The weather is so changeable here as Kansas.

Well honey I think I’ll turn in early tonite. Maybe I’ll have a nice long dream about you – I hope.

I love you Darling I love you!!

Goodnite Darling!! Write Soon
I miss you – I love you.
MILLIONS honey
X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X
X       X       X       O      X       O      X              
All My Love        Johnny
X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X
X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X
X       X       X

No comments:

Post a Comment