Search This Blog

Friday, February 3, 2012

Letter From WWII Soldier on Christmas Day, 1943


United States Army
Dec. 25, 1943
6:30 P.M.

 
My Darling Mark –

Hello Sweetheart ! !

No letter today – I wonder whats wrong? Since I’m not doing anything – I just as well write anyway.

We had a nice dinner here – but I’d have rather had a hamburger & been home.

We were on duty all day – but didn’t do anything! I slept all morning & most of the afternoon, dreaming mostly of you.

I did have a dream about you the other nite. We were window shopping as far as I could make out, & it wasn’t very long I wish I would smarten up in my dreams & get in a little neckin’ with you.

No honey I haven’t told my folks yet – I don’t think I will. They would just worry all the more & there isn’t much use in telling them anyhow – do you think?

Honey- don’t ever think I don’t love & miss you, cause I do more than I can say.

I think I’ll take in the U.S.O. show tonite, so I’ll close now. I love you honey – I love you. Please write soon. I miss you ! ! !

All My Love        Johnny     X       X       X
THOUSANDS
Honey!
X          X          X          X          X          X          X          X          X          X          X          X          X            X

No comments:

Post a Comment