Search This Blog

Monday, February 6, 2012

The WWII Soldier Doesn't Get a Letter Today

Camp Polk, Louisiana

December 27, 1943
Mon. Eve. 9:00


(inside envelope flap)
Hello
Darling!!
I love you!
I love you!
X        O        X
XXX


My Darling Mark –

Hello Sweetheart ! !

I just came back from a show. Seen “Happy Land”. It sure was good.

It’s raining again here – as usual & they call it the sunny south!

As you say – this is going to be a short letter – I didn’t get a letter from you today honey & I was sure disappointed. I expected it so much. I guess I expect one every day honey – that expecting too much?

We had two hours of exercises today & I sure feel it tonite. We hadn’t had any since last Thurs.

We’ve gt a 25 mile hike coming up Friday – how I hate to think of doing anything as that!

Well honey I’d better get some shut eye now. I missed you so much & was thinking of you so much I had to write tonite. – letter or no letter, and besides darling I love you!

Good nite honey. Write Soon?
 X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X
X       X       X       All My Love        Johnny
X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X
I love you honey I love you
Oh – how I miss you!          X       O      X

No comments:

Post a Comment