Search This Blog

Friday, January 6, 2012

December 14, 1943


Armored Force
Camp Polk, Louisiana
Dec. 14, 1943
Thurs Eve


(inside envelope flap)
Hello
Darling!
I miss you
honey!
Write Soon.  ALL MY LOVE XOX
          Yo te amo


Darling Mark –

Hello Sweetheart!!

         No letter today!

I feel like writing to you anyway. I just got off K.P. a little while ago. It wasn’t so bad. Today it was cold & rained continuously – so I guess I was lucky I was inside all day.

Honey –this sure is a wonderful pen. It’s a pleasure writing with it. All I have to do now is learn how to write.

I’m still sore from riding last Sunday.

I’m going to bed early tonight – I can’t get enough sleep.

We have another training film in the theatre in the morning – I reckon that would be a chance to catch up on some.

I’m sitting here half-asleep now & dreaming of you honey. Honey you had better be careful – theres a lot of flu going around & by the sound of things the weather there is just right for it.

Well honey I’d better close now & get to sleep. I miss you honey ! ! ! !

Goodnite honey.                 X       O      X
X O X                 All My Love                 Johnny
X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       O      X       X       X

No comments:

Post a Comment