Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

December 16, 1943


Camp Polk, Louisiana
Dec. 16, 1943
Thurs. Eve.                 8:40


(inside envelope flap)
Hello
Darling!
I Miss You !  X O X
I Love You!             X O X
X O X            All My Love  Johnny


Darling Mark –

Hello Sweetheart!!

No letter today – but I did get your beautiful Christmas card – especially the picture. Honey – you keep sending me pictures like that & I’ll be coming back to K.C. (unofficially)

We were out all day firing the 30 M.G. & about froze. It was down to 25° here. I hope it warms up soon. Got a couple letters from some buddies of my old outfit. I’ll bet they’re having it rough on maneuvers now.

Boy I sure am stiff – we’ve started taking exercises every night from 4 to 5 now.

Gosh – honey I don’t  know what to write about. You should have written me a letter.

Honey – I’d like to be with you tonite – instead of sitting here wishing I was. I’d sure be making up for lost time, & then some!!

Honey – I miss you so much & love you more every day.

Bing Crosby is singing “White Christmas” now. Myself – I’m just dreaming of Christmas “white” or otherwise.

Most of the time I’m dreaming of you honey!

Darling it’s getting late & I have to get to the PX before it closes – It’s 9:00 now honey. I think about you too much everytime I start to write, but I like to.

Goodnite Darling!  Write Soon.
All My Love         X       ox     x       ox    
X       O      X       Johnny              X       O      X
         I miss you – honey
         I love you
X       Yo te amo.         X       O      X
X
X       Ego amo te                X       O      X

No comments:

Post a Comment