Search This Blog

Friday, January 27, 2012

Why he can't get into the Air Cadets


Camp Polk, Louisiana
Christmas Eve
11:00 P.M.


(inside envelope flap)
Hello
Darling!!
I love you!!  x o x
Write Soon! XXX


My Darling Mark –

Hello Sweetheart !

I just got back from confession – going to communion and mid-nite mass tonite.

I got your letter today – honey I sure am happy when I get your letters.

The weather sure is miserable here. Its been raining all day & still raining & freezing at the same time.

We didn’t do anything today except mark clothes.

We have reveille at 7:00 in the morning. It looks as if we work Christmas day too, & Sunday.

Now – honey you didn’t have to make a crack about my other “babes”. You’re the only “babe” I care for honey & no other interests me – or was you kidding?

Honey – no one can get a transfer to the Air Corps or any outfit while his outfit is on alert for overseas. That’s the only reason I can’t get in the Air Cadets – which makes me just about sick.

I read all of that paper honey – it was right – but I still don’t think I needed to read it – but I read it!

Well, darling, it’s about time to go to Mass – so I’ll close for tonite. I’ll be praying awful hard for us honey – that someday we’ll be together.

I went to Leesville tonite to get a telegraph money order from Mom & I ran into a couple of fellows from my old outfit at the USO. They’re still on maneuvers & some had come in to take showers. They’re having it pretty rough out there in this cold, wet weather.

Goodnite honey – Write soon – I miss you so much! I love – I love you – I love you - I love you – I love you - honey I love you more each hour.                X       O      X       X
X       O      X       All My Love xox Johnny     xox

No comments:

Post a Comment