Search This Blog

Friday, January 13, 2012

December 19, 1943


Camp Polk, Louisiana
Dec. 19, 1943
Sun. 12:00


(inside envelope flap)
Hello
Darling!!
ALL MY LOVE!!
Write Soon             I Miss You
X O X O X O


My Darling Mark –

Hello Sweetheart ! !

I just came back from Mass & while waiting till chow goes – I thought I’d start a letter to you.

I’m on guard duty tonite so I probably wouldn’t get to write. Honey – I’m really thinking of you a lot. I won’t mind guard – how much I think of you all of the time. There goes chow honey – I’ll finish later.  Back again honey – but I can’t finish now. We have to go to the motor pool this afternoon. I’m still in O.D’s & have to change, so honey I’ll finish this sometime today or tonite xxxxx


4:00 P.M.
Hello again honey!

         I just finished shaving, shining shoes & cleaning a rifle. I go on guard mount at 5:00. I just got your letter too. Honey – I didn’t miss getting any letter this week except the day I got the card & No letter. Honey I’ll tell you, I’m very blue when I don’t get a letter from you – please try not to miss writing honey.

Honey – there’s nothing new about the air cadets & I doubt if they will be now.

Well, honey I’d better dress for guard now. – I’ll write tomorrow again. Maybe I’ll write tonite again if I have time at the guard’s quarters.

I miss you honey so very much & love you more!

Bye for now       Darling!!!
Write Soon.

All My Love        Johnny     xox
X       X       X       X
I miss you honey – I miss you!!!!        X       O      X
XO  so very much & love you more!

Bye for now       Darling!!!
Write Soon.

All My Love        Johnny     xox
X       X       X       X
I miss you honey – I miss you!!!!        X       O      X
XOX   Yo te amo X O X
         X       O      X       X       X       X      
         X       X       O      X       O      X       O     

No comments:

Post a Comment