Search This Blog

Sunday, January 15, 2012

December 21, 1943


Camp Polk, Louisiana
Dec. 21, 1943
Tues. Eve.


(inside envelope flap)
Hello
Darling!!
I LOVE YOU!!
I MISS YOU:   XOX
X O X O X O
All my love honey
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


My Darling Mark –

Hello Sweetheart ! !

No letter today! Maybe you didn’t have time to write or maybe the mail is just messed up. I’m not doing anything so I just as well write.

         Today we had another lecture on “malaria” & precautions against it. It’s a hell of a disease to get! We had some bayonet drill too & an hour of exercises.

         I’ve got to write Cec tonite – it was too late after I wrote to you last nite honey.

         I think about you too much when I write. Maybe not too much!

         I’ve got to write to Sis, too.

         I’ll bet you’re pretty busy this week honey, huh?

         There’s a rumor going around that we get off Fri. noon till Monday morning, but I won’t believe it till we’re off.
         Well, honey I’ll cut this off now. I miss you honey – I love you!!

Write Soon.
X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X
I Miss You        X O X
Yo tea mo          X O X
X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X
Someday I’ll collect that honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment