Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Lonely Soldier Waits for a Letter


Camp Polk, Louisiana
Dec. 22, 1943
Wed. Eve.


(inside envelope flap)
Hello
Darling!!
I LOVE YOU! X O X
I MISS YOU
All my love Johnny
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


My Darling Mark –

Hello Sweetheart ! !

I got the box of candy today – it sure is good. I expected a longer letter in it tho. I got a box from Mom too.

Honey – I guess you’re pretty busy now – but this letter situation is getting desperate. Two days now & no letter from you! I’m not blowing my top – yet, cause I expect to get a letter tomorrow from you – honey. I miss you so much & when I don’t get a letter from you – I just feel like getting drunk & you don’t want me to do that – do you? I need your letters to keep my morale up honey. How about a nice long letter.

Nothing to talk about today – we seen a film on censorship! Honey I miss you so much - & so much more when I don’t hear from you.

I’ve got to write Mom now & try & make this last show. It’s starting to rain now – I guess it’ll rain all day tomorrow.

Goodnite honey.  Write Soon!!
X O X  All My Love      Johnny     X O X
Yo te amo                  X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X

1 comment:

  1. Imagine how hard is on guys who don't have any one to write letters to them. Really makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete