Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

December 17, 1943 (Mark's Birthday!)


Camp Polk, Louisiana
Dec. 17, 1943
Fri Eve       7:00 P.M.


(inside envelope flap)
Hello
Darling!
I Love You    XOXXO
I miss you Honey!
X X X X X X X X X X O X


My Darling Mark –

Hello Sweetheart ! !

I got a letter today. It took 3 days to get here. It usually takes just 2.

We had a retreat parade tonite for a general.

It was a little warmer today – but still cold. This morning we fired the 37 M.M.

We have another inspection tomorrow & anything we have that isn’t G.I. is going to be confiscated, so I’ve got some hiding to do tonite.

I’ve got to go to the main P.X. tonite & I sure hate to walk that far. It’s about a mile walk!

Honey, I was pretty happy all day thinking about you! The more I think of you, the more I want to come to K.C. I wish I could get amnesia and wander up that way & then wake up. I can think of more ways – but they’re all screwball ideas.

Honey the next time you dream of me & I won’t let you around – throw a brick at me or something & then you got me – I hope. I was drunk too- huh? I can’t imagine that!  You know I never get drunk honey – or do you know?

Honey – I feel for you – (no cracks) having to get up at 4:45. I know how it is only too well!



I    love     you      -     honey

I    miss     you            so   much!

X          X          X          X
O         O         O
X          X          X          X
O         O         O
X          X          X          X


         We have reveille at 6:30 now & we gripe plenty when we have to get up before that. I’ll be glad when I can sleep as long as I want to & then I probably won’t want to sleep.

We have to work Sunday again. Our captain is back from the hospital now. When we had a Lt. in his place when he was in – we had Sundays off & passes anytime. This guy is too G.I.

Well honey I’d better Roger-out now & see if I can get some Xmas cards before it gets too late.

Goodnite Darling. Write Soon
I love you – honey!             X       o       X
All    My Love     ox     Johnny     XOX

Yo te amo -       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X


No comments:

Post a Comment