Search This Blog

Saturday, November 26, 2011

December 1, 1943

Armored Force
Camp Polk, Louisiana
Dec. 1, 1943
Wed. Eve. 7:00 P.M.


Darling Mark,

         Hello Sweetheart ! !

I don’t know what to say! That letter you wrote last Sunday has left me feeling so happy I feel drunk! I feel like I could whip the Jap Army alone! I know one thing for sure I’m coming back to you.

Honey that picture was just what I wanted! It was too sweet! Every time I look at it – I miss you ever so much more!

You asked me if I missed those kisses – are you kidding? You know dam well I do.

Honey – I don’t think there’s a chance in a thousand I’ll be home for Christmas. I know it would be a glorious Xmas if I could! I’ll be lucky if I get out of camp!

Well honey – I’m going to see “Guadalcanal Diary” tonight while I have the chance. We’re going out tomorrow night on a problem & probably won’t be back till Fri. nite. We go out for 3 days the 6 - 7 – 8.

Didn’t do anything worth mentioning today, except tell a “captain” how to send & receive a message by radio. I didn’t know it was a “Capt.”. I was on a radio about a half mile from him. A kid told me about it later – the “Captain” was just learning to send & receive.

Honey, we don’t have reveille till 6:30 in the morning. It’ll be like sleeping till noon. Longer to dream of you too.

As I said before honey- I’d better close & get to that show. You have to get there about 2 hrs. before it starts to get a seat.

There isn’t a thing you do in the Army that you don’t hurry up & wait & stand in line. I’ll sure appreciate civilian life when I get out.

Honey – I have been praying & I prayed that you would love & wait for me – I guess it worked – huh?

Goodnite honey – I miss an awful lot!!  Write soon honey! I got your card today too honey!

All My Love        Johnny



1000

X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X         X

X       X       O      X       O      X       O      X       O      X       O      X         O

No comments:

Post a Comment