Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

November 20, 1943


Camp Polk, Louisiana
Nov. 20, 1943

Darling Mark,
Hello honey !
I received your very nice card today honey. And in answer to it – I really do miss you & think of you constantly.
I’m still around here for awhile. Had to take another physical this morning – passed it.
I’m still getting my equipment straightened out. Right now I’m just waiting for my special orders.
I just had chow & learned that I leave our outfit today at 1:45. It’s 1:00 now so I haven’t much time.
We might be here at Camp Polk for a couple of weeks yet or even a month. It’s hard to tell where we’ll be or how long. I’ll keep writing every chance I get honey & let you know the dope.
I’ll have to go now honey.
Bye now & write Soon.
I miss you more every day honey.
All My Love
                          Johnny

         X       X       X       X       X
         X       X       X       X       X
         O      O      O      O      O


No comments:

Post a Comment