Search This Blog

Friday, November 11, 2011

November 17, 1943

Camp Polk, Louisiana
Nov. 17, 1943


Darling Mark,

Hello honey !

I’m disappointed in you gal! I was sure I’d have a letter when I got back to camp today – but nope!

I haven’t had a chance to see about the Air Corps yet, but hope to tomorrow. If I don’t get to take the test before next week – I’ll just have to wait till after maneuvers. We start on maneuvers next Monday, & how I hate that!

The nights are so damp & cold I wish I had you here honey along with some of those “kisses”. I could take the coldest weather out!  All I can do now is dream.

Damn! I think I’m catching another cold. The dew falls as heavy as a light rain during the night. I knew I forgot something when I left home – my shaving kit!

Guess what – my ‘pest’ is sitting quietly on his bunk – writing a letter. He makes me so mad, sometimes. I feel like I could “way lay” him – but he’s such a good guy most of the time, I can’t do it.

Honey – have you got a small picture I could carry in my billfold? I’d like to have one – how about it?

I’d better close now – time for lights out. Write Soon honey. Bye now.

All My Love        Johnny     X

Yo tea mo.  
X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X
O      O      O      O      O      O      O      O      O      O
 X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X

New Address
Pfc. John F. Jambrosic 37234941
Troop “C” A.P.O. 259
89th Cav. Ren. Sqd. (Mecy)
% P. M.      Shreveport La.

I talked too soon he’s here.

No comments:

Post a Comment