Search This Blog

Friday, November 18, 2011

November 21, 1943


Camp Polk, Louisiana
Nov. 21, 1943

Darling Mark -
Hello Honey,
I’m back now visiting my buddies before they go on maneuvers. I hate like hell to leave them. I’m not bragging but they were glad to see me come back for awhile. I’m sure going to miss them.
Tell Lu my address & let them write so I’ll know their address.
I think about you a heluva lot honey.
Their censoring our mail now maybe I won’t be able to write inside the envelope anymore or sign xx’s but you’ll know if I could they would be there.
Honey I won’t be able to tell you when we move or anything like that or what we do now.
There’s a chance we’ll be over here for 2 or 3 months yet.
I didn’t tell Mom anything about getting ready for overseas. I just told her I was transferred to a new outfit. When & if I get across then I’ll let her know. Honey don’t tell anyone about my outfit or that I expect to go across. It might put me in an embarrassing position if you know what I mean.
How are the newlyweds getting along? Okay – I know. Honey I miss you more everyday. I can’t help it – I just do! You going to send me some small photos of yourself?  Better.
Well honey this will be all for now.
Goodnite Honey!
Please write real soon.
I miss you honey.
All My Love                 Johnny
1000   2000   etc.
         x       x       x       x       x       x       x       x       x       x       x         x
I’ll take a chance on these – this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment