Search This Blog

Saturday, November 19, 2011

November 22, 1943


Camp Polk, Louisiana
Nov. 22, 1943

Darling Mark,
Hello Honey !
I felt like writing to you – so I am. I probably won’t get any of your mail until the end of the week anyway. I’ll probably be out in the field this Thanksgiving. We’ll probably be on a 2 day problem Wed. & Thurs.
How is Cec & Lu by now: is Cec working? I’d write to him if I knew his address.
I miss you an awful lot honey. I think about you more every day.
How I could go for one of those special kisses right now. I can only dream about that now.
Well honey it’s about time for me to turn in. Probably have to get up early in the morning.
Goodnite Now.  Write real Soon.
I miss you! !
All My Love        Johnny
X       O      X       O      X       X       X       X       X       X       X       X         

2 comments:

  1. So sad.....you can feel the loneliness in every stroke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine being 20 years old, away from home for the first time ever, and knowing you're being sent to the worst war ever. So young, and so vulnerable, and so lonely!

    ReplyDelete