Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2011

November 20, 1943 - afternoon letter


Camp Polk, Louisiana
Nov. 20, 1943

Darling Mark,
Hello Honey ! !
Well, here I am at last. I don’t think I’m going to like it much. The Troop I’m in at present is mostly tanks & I don’t like tanks.
I figure we’ll be here at camp for about a month yet. These guys have been working on Sundays for a long time now – so I figure I won’t get much rest from here on in.
Honey to tell you the truth I’m really blue! I didn’t know I could get feeling so low. How about sending me a nice morale boosting letter. You can send your letter to this address until further notice
Pfc John F. Jambrosic 37234941
113th Cav. Regt.
A.P.O. 403A c/o P.M.
Shreveport La.
Bye for now honey. Please write soon! I miss you an awful lot.
All My Love                 Johnny
X       X       X       X       X       X       X       O      O
                                  O      O      O               X
X       X       X       X       X       X       X       O      O

No comments:

Post a Comment