Search This Blog

Sunday, November 20, 2011

November 26, 1943


Camp Polk, Louisiana
Nov. 26, 1943


Darling Mark,
         Hello Honey !
I hardly know what to write about. I haven’t had any mail for a week. I should be getting some in a couple of days – I hope.
Yesterday – we had an enormous turkey dinner & stuff. I mean to say I was really stuffed. We had the afternoon off & I slept all afternoon till chow again. More turkey.
How’s everything & everybody in KC?
There’s nothing happening around here yet.
I went to Mass last nite. First time I had a chance since I’ve been back off furlough.
Well – honey – it’s about time for lights out so I’d better close & get some shut-eye. I wish I had one of your kisses to put me to sleep now. Just wishing!
Good nite now honey.
Please answer Soon. I miss you like all hell.

All My Love        Johnny

2 comments:

  1. Thanksgiving away from home....that's a real reality rub the first that happens! I know he's wishing he was back home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, and now he's been pulled away from all the guys in his old troop and in with a bunch of people he doesn't even know. That's gotta be making him feel even more lonely!

    ReplyDelete