Search This Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Our WWII Soldier Plans To Make Up For Lost Time When He Gets Home

Feb. 2, 1944
Wed. Eve


My Darling Mark –

         Hello Sweetheart !

I got your letter of the 19th today & was more than happy to get it. Air-mail does come faster.

         I seen Princess O’Rourke too & like it very much. That must be quite the deal getting up at 10:30. I don’t intend to spend too much time catching up on sleep when I get back – but I do intend to make up for lost time honey!

         Did Cec. smash his finger very bad? I hope not!

         Its not so cold here but the sun very seldom gets to shine thru the clouds.

         Honey are you still working nights?

         I like to write you a long letter but I honestly don’t know what to write. I expect long letters from you tho honey. I guess I told you I got a letter from Cec. didn’t I?  Well honey I’d better stop here & write home.

         Don’t forget I love you Darling & miss you like hell.

                 Bye for Now – Write real Soon
         All My Love honey -   Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment