Search This Blog

Monday, March 5, 2012

Our WWII Soldier Tells His Sweetheart to Lay Off Those Whiskey Hi-Balls

Jan. 15, 1944
Tues. 7:00 PM
England


My Darling Mark –

Hello Sweetheart !  I got your letter today – the one you started the 25th & finished the 3rd. Fast huh?  I guess you haven’t got any letters from me for a month or more honey – I’ve been writing every time I could & there was times it was impossible to send any mail – so don’t think I didn’t want to write honey or have forgot about you, cause I certainly haven’t. I miss you & think about you all the time honey - & I couldn’t love you any more than I do now – I don’t think its possible.

I guess you’d better lay off those whiskey hi balls – if they make you feel like that honey – at least till I get back, or drink one for me. If you’re wondering why I’m writing so small its because I’m running short on stationery & don’t know when I’ll get any more.

You asked me what I thought the first time I kissed you – well honey to be honest – it was like kissing a frozen fish! But now – as you say “oh brother” – I’d give my pay for one of your kisses right now.

I guess Frank doesn’t like married life – he’s in Nev. and his wife is in K.C. – see what I mean? I told you Ralph got a 15 day furlough didn’t I? Well anyway he did.  Dope?

Helen is the oldest, then Frank & then Dode & me. Why?

Honey I’m okay – I hope you are too. You keep your chin up honey & I will too. Did I tell you I was in England? Quite a ways from K.C. huh? The folks are all okay. the last I heard honey. Goodnite now Darling. Write Soon.          All My Love  Johnny
Darling I love you more every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment