Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Our WWII Soldier's Younger Brother Gets a Furlough and Elopes


March 6, 1944
Sat. 9:00 P.M.


My Darling Mark

Hello Sweetheart !  !

         I haven’t written for a few days so I’d better write tonite. I leave in the morning for a week or so. I’m not sure – but I guess I’ll be able to write anyway.

         There’s nothing new to write about, except its still cold as hell here & I miss you more every day – honey! I got a letter from Frank yesterday. He said Ralph came home on a 15 day furlough & got married secretly. If I know Mom she’ll have it annulled – he is too damn young to get married.

         Honey – I sure miss not hearing from you! Are you still working nites? How are your sisters & Mother & Dee Dee? Where’s your brother stationed now?

         Honey – I’ve got to get to sleep & do some more packing – I have to leave early in the morning!

         I think of you an awful lot honey & miss you like hell – no end!

         Write very Soon Darling
         I love you Darling – don’t ever forget it.
Goodnite honey
All My Love forever     Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment