Search This Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Our WWII Soldier Has Stationery Shortage and Can't Write Very Often


Feb. 25, 1944
Friday  1:00 P.M.


My Darling Mark

         Hello Sweetheart !  I haven’t written you lately – mostly because of the stationery shortage. I haven't received a letter from you for a week now. That’s a long time to go without a letter. I guess you went longer than that getting a letter from me tho.

         Its still cold as hell here & always wet. I’ll have to close now honey & finish this tonite. -       (7:00 P.M.)

         I’ll attempt to finish this now honey.

         I got a letter from home yesterday & one from Mary & Dode. She said Joyce was sure getting big. Dode had to take his physical the 20th. I guess he’s in by now.

         Are you still working nights honey? Seen Cec or Lu lately? In general whats cooking around K.C.? I sure wish I was back there with you – but that’s all I can do is wish. I really miss you honey & love you more every day. I had a dream about you the other nite & I didn’t even get to hold or kiss you. I tended when I was woke up for reveille. Had to wash clothes again last nite.

         Well honey I’ve got to shave & shower tonite so I’d better close. Write Soon Darling because I really miss hearing from you.

         I love you honey! !
                 All My Love        Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment