Search This Blog

Friday, March 2, 2012

Our WWII Soldier Wants to Know If The Pla-Mor Is Still Open In Kansas City


Jan. 12, 1944
Thursday Eve.


My Darling Mark –

Hello Sweetheart !

No letter today – but I guess I owe you a couple of letters anyway.

Did you go to the matches Thurs. nite?

There isn’t much to write about now. Its still cold as blazes here. There’s a big lake frozen over here & I expect to do a lot of ice-skating sometime. Is the Playmor rink still open?

Honey this letter will have to be short – I’ve got to shave yet & then wash out a lot of clothes.

Honey I’ve sure been thinking a lot about you lately – well I always do anyway. I miss you more every day.

I’ll close now honey. Bye for now Darling!

                                                            Write Soon
All My Love
                          Johnny

I love you Darling

No comments:

Post a Comment