Search This Blog

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Our WWII Soldier Can Only Write About How Much He Misses His Sweetheart


Feb. 20, 1944
Sun. Eve.


My Darling Mark

         Hello Sweetheart !  I haven’t heard from you for a couple of days but I’d better write anyway. As soon as I get hold of more stationery. I’ll write more often.

         I haven’t really anything special to write about except how much I love & miss you. I guess that’s what you want to hear anyway huh?

         It’s been cold as hell the last couple of days – which I don’t like. The sun very seldom shines here – its so cloudy. I’ll bet its pretty cold in K.C. too – honey – but I would like to be there if it was 50 below.

         How’s Cec. & Lu – have you been over there lately or are you still working nights? I wrote the folks a letter tonite too – honey – so you see I do write them.

         Honey I got to sleep till 9:00 this morning – that’s a wonderful feeling. We’ve been getting Sundays off so far too. I got a letter from Ralph Friday – he’s still in Florida.

         Honey the folks sure think you’re a swell girl – but not any more than I do.

         Honey I’ve got to wash out some clothes yet tonite so I’d better close.

         I love you more every day honey & miss being with you just a helluva lot. Write Soon Darling! Goodnite now.

         All My Love forever     Johnny


No comments:

Post a Comment