Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

May 1, 1943

Fort Riley, Kansas
May 1, 1943

Darling Mark:

I just received your letter – I was writing one to Cec. We just got back to camp about 11:30 this morning & have been getting straightened out & scrubbing the barracks. We got paid at 1:00 today. I sent you a telegram this afternoon which you no doubt got already. I didn’t have time to make any reservations for a room. Next week-end you can come up for sure.

Well Sweetheart I’ve got to hurry to catch my ride to K.C. tonight that’s why I’m scratching this letter out in a hurry. A little is better than none isn’t it? I hope I get to see you tonight. I guess this letter will sound kinda crazy by the time you get it.

Well – Honey please write soon. If you only knew how much I look forward to your letters!! When I get one - I’m happy the rest of the day.

Bye for now- honey. I’ll be seeing you! Write soon.

All My Love – Johnny
XXXOOXXXOXX
X o X

No comments:

Post a Comment