Search This Blog

Friday, August 13, 2010

May 3, 1943

Fort Riley, Kansas
May 3, 1943
9:45 P.M.

Darling Mark:

I just had to write you – I was thinking of you so much.

I got back in camp about 9:20 this morning. We worked till 7:20 this evening. I had a terrific headache this afternoon – but it’s a lot better now.

Today we went on the range & fired the 60 M.M. mortar & 29 M.M. anti-tank gun.

It sure is nice to lay on a bunk again & write letters. I haven’t much time to write tonight – lights are going out in about 10 min. I have to write a letter home yet tonight if I have time.

I stopped in Manhattan this morning & made reservations for a room next week-end. So don’t fail to come up.

I miss you so much honey – you’re always on my mind.

I’m going to close now for tonight honey – I’ll write you tomorrow nite – More than one page too, maybe. So please answer soon – sweetheart. I Love You

All My Love
Johnny
XOXXXXXOOXOXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment